THE SALT ROAD IN 3 DAYS
DATES: 24th/25th/26th JULY 2020
The salt roads between Piedmont and Liguria were passing lands of shepherds, pilgrims, muleteers, traders and travelers who, from the Western Ligurian and from neighboring Provence, reached Piedmont and Northern Europe through the Alpine passes, creating a network of exchanges.
Today the "Salt Roads" have lost their commercial connotation, taking on an important role for outdoor tourism: destinations for excursions, trekking and MTB, these roads allow the exploration of uncontaminated territories rich in flora and fauna.
The Salt Road along the former military road Limone - Monesi is a route of medium difficulty, which reaches, as the highest point, 2.239 m.
MTB – ITINERANT TOUR
- Departure from Limone Piemonte (Altitude 1400)
- Climb to the Tenda Pass where you take the Via del Sale, Central Fort, Cabanaira, Passo della Boaria, Don Barbera Refuge, Bosco delle Navette, Monesi. Kilometers and kilometers of dirt roads with spectacular views, many types of forests and alpine meadows, karst areas and fortifications.
Length: 53 km --- 1800 m Difference in height (+) and 1400 m (-)
Dinner and overnight stay in Monesi.
- Departure from Monesi, climb to the Tanarello pass and to Monte Saccarello (sea view with good weather). Descent to the Collardente pass (passage of Napoleon), Bassa di Sanson and ascent to the huts of Marta and Balconi di Marta (with the largest alpine fortification of the alpine lictorian valley). Return to the Bassa di Sanson and 20 km of descent on a spectacular dirt road to the Roya Valley, arriving at La Brigue and St Dalmas de Tende.
Length: 50 km --- 1500 m Difference in height (+) and 2100 (-)
Dinner and overnight stay in St Dalmas de Tende.
- Departure from St Dalmas de Tende, ascent towards Casterino and the “Valle delle Meraviglie”, famous for rock carvings. Arrival at the Basse de Peyrafique, and return to Tenda Pass, passing under the Abisso fortress. Several descent possibilities towards Limone.
Lenght: 38 km --- 1500 m Difference in height (+) e 1200 (-)
The 3 days tour will be with fully licensed professional cycling guides recognized by the Piedmont Regional Council.
It will be also included, during the whole tour, an off-road vehicle, for luggage transport and assistance.
The offer includes:
- 2 nights – overnight stays in half board treatment (Monesi – St Dalmas de Tende)
- 2 fully licensed professional cycling guides – 3 days
- a guide getting behind the wheel of the off-road vehicle with technical assistance, luggage transport, first aid, energetic foodstuffs, water, emergency transport for eventual bikers
- 1 packed lunch
- explanation and illustration of the natural phenomena and fortifications that you meet on the route with possible excursion inside the "Battery 605 of the Marta Balconata"
The offer does not include:
- Drinks at meals
- Extra Packed lunches
- Everything not envisaged in “the offer includes”
- EXTRA E-BIKE RENTAL full suspended (3 days): € 150,00 per person
PRICE PER PERSON: € 369,00
MINIMUM NUMBER FOR THE TOUR – 8 PARTICIPANTS